By Chef: Ingrid Weithers-Barati
Posted: January 7, 2011
A yummy fruit parfait using Gala apples, red and black grapes and a very flavorful orange juice.
- 1/3 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup mixed grapes, sliced in half
1. Pour the orange juice into a small mixing bowl or cup.
2. Add the chopped mint leaves, olive oil, agave, vanilla extract, and cinnamon, mix well and set aside.
3. Make four layers by alternating in each glass the chopped apples, then the sliced grapes; repeat with the remaining chopped apples and sliced grapes.
4. Stir the mint infused orange juice and pour over the fruit in each glass. Garnish with mint sprigs and sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon.
The extra virgin olive oil is an unexpected ingredient adds a subtle richness to this recipe. Any type of apples would work great for this recipe. The same holds true with the grapes, and you can use grapefruit juice in place of the orange juice.