By Chef: Marina Yanay-Triner
Posted: December 29, 2016
This anti-inflammatory smoothie contains both turmeric and ginger – two roots famously known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Adding a pinch of black pepper helps to ensure that the turmeric is absorbed. Are you ready to become a smoothie master in 2017? The trick is always to come up with a combination that produces a unique flavor, texture, and nutrient profile all at once. All of the amazing healthful ingredients in this healthy anti-inflammatory smoothie are simple enough, yet when combined they have a unique bubblegum taste. You will love it.
- 3 bananas + 1 frozen banana (for creaminess; all ripe)
- 3 passion fruits
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder, or a piece of turmeric root
- a pinch of black pepper (to better absorb the turmeric)
- small piece of ginger root (up to you — I like it spicy so I add a lot!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Medjoul dates (optional)
- Blend until smooth
Like any smoothie recipe, feel free to add a handful of greens of your choice to make it even more nutritious.