By Chef: Erin Bosdet
Posted: November 4, 2013
This recipe by Erin Bosdet of Simply Dish will be absolutely adored by health conscious mama’s (and their children) everywhere! Follow the instructions below to create almond milk 3 ways: plain, chocolate, and strawberry. No dairy, no soy, no corn syrup/sugar or artificial flavors, just pure, clean, nutrient-rich ingredients that will nourish every member of your household!
Make sure to soak those almonds for optimal creaminess and digestibility.
Yield: 4 cups milk
1) Soak one cup of almonds for at least four hours.
2) Drain the soaking water and toss the almonds into your vitamix or blender.
3) Add in four cups of filtered water.
4) Process on high speed for about one minute.
5) Pour through some cheesecloth or a nut milk bag.
Divide the milk into three batches.
Plain almond milk is done! 🙂
For the chocolate milk:
1) Add the almond milk back into the blender with the cacao powder and the coconut nectar. Process until combined.
For the strawberry milk:
1) add the almond milk back into the blender with the strawberries and process until combined.