By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: March 9, 2015
This smoothie will feel like a hug for your tummy from the inside out with all of its healthy soluble fiber courtesy of fresh figs, berries, and chia. If you don’t happen to have access to fresh figs because they aren’t in season quite yet (tears) then feel free to use dried figs that have been reconstituted- simply soak them in purified water overnight.
- 1.5 cups almond milk (go homemade!)
- 4 ripe figs (you want organic because you’re eating the skin too)
- a handful of ripe strawberries (please go organic, strawberries soak up A LOT of pesticides)
- 1 big frozen banana, cut into chunks
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- pinch of vanilla seeds
- optional: a Medjool date / 2 regular dates if you prefer your smoothie on the sweeter side (I find it sweet enough already) toppings as your heart desires
- Add everything to a blender, whiz until smooth, enjoy and be happy.