By Chef: Emily von Euw
Posted: November 13, 2017
Ice cream sundae lovers – this one is for you. A raw vegan sundae made with frozen bananas, plant based pea protein, coconut milk, and vanilla extract, swirled with chia jam and fresh almond butter. Pure comfort food that’s made to nourish you in body and soul.
- 2 chopped, frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoons pea protein (I like the flavour of Nuzest’s the best)
- 1/4-1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup berries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1-2 tablespoons stone ground raw almond butter
To make the jam
- Mash the berries into a chunky puree with a fork, then stir in the chia seeds and let it sit for 10-15 minutes so it can get jammy.
To make the ice cream
- Blend all ingredients together. If it’s too thick, add more coconut milk. The consistency should be just like creamy, delicious soft serve.
- Scoop half the ice cream into a bowl, then add half the jam and almond butter. Repeat. Enjoy. I topped mine with berries and coconut flakes.