By Chef: Chris Anca
Posted: February 28, 2018
Are you the type of person who prefers the raw food simple life? Meaning minimal ingredients and minimal fuss? These stuffed dates will be your new go-to favorite. They’re gooey, rich, creamy, chocolaty, and crunchy – all in one. Perfect for movie snacks and for safe keeping in the back of the fridge for emergencies.
- 7 Medjool dates, half scored, pitted and left whole
- 7 teaspoons of your favorite almond butter – you can DIY at home or you can use store bought
- 7 pecans
- 100g melted chocolate (recipe here)
- 7 TBSP crushed roasted hazelnuts or raw crushed almonds
- Core and pit the dates.
- Fill them with the nut butter and stick a pecan on top.
- Refrigerate them for 5-10 minutes.
- Then half dip them in chocolate and then in crushed hazelnuts.
- Refrigerate them for another 5 minutes so the chocolate firms up, or refrigerate them until ready to serve.