By Chef: Taline Gabrielian
Posted: April 13, 2017
It will truly astound you once you realize you can recreate your favorite desserts using simple wholefoods that just so happen to be nature’s superfoods. This chocolate mousse is a combination of heart-healthy avocado, cacao and dates, blended with mesquite powder, vanilla, rice malt syrup and your milk of choice. Easy, quick and delicious.
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 55 g (2 oz/½ cup) cacao powder
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) coconut milk
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/¹⁄₃ cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mesquite powder
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into four serving glasses and enjoy.